Science Education

TEACH Grants


All undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences who are continuing at UNI are eligible. Please contact UNI Financial Aid at (319) 273-2700 for more information about the TEACH Grant.


  1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.

  2. Complete FASFA.

  3. Score above the 75th percentile on college admissions test (ACT or SAT) or mantain a GPA of at least 3.25.

  4. Be enrolled as an undergraduate (first B.A. only) or graduate.

  5. Be enrolled in coursework that is necessary to begin a career in teaching in an identified high-need field.

  6. Sign an agreement to teach full-time in a low-income school and in a high-need field for four academic years within eight calendar years after graduation.


Recipients can receive up to $4,000/year for four years as an undergraduate and two years as a graduate.

Click here for information on scholarships offered by the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences.
Click here for more UNI Financial Aid information.